Sunday 31 July 2011

Hypnobirting. The key and the secret...

So this week things have moved on regarding #chapter21. Slowly but surely I am making firm decisions and making an action plan regarding OUR future. I am very lucky that the boyf is almost as passionate as I am about the way that our pregnancy and birth has changed our life, and the realisation that this wonderful experience could be open to most families. *not all

It is like we have stumbled across a secret that we are ready to share with the world. So the mission begins. It will take time, and Im sure I will struggle to keep the focus at times, but for now we are so excited. Hypnobirthing made my home birth possible and I didn't really know what I was doing. I believe passionately, that given the right support, a fear free, positive birth is available to most families, my dream is to make it accessible to all. 

While my enthusiasm is in full swing I have been researching at every free moment, Hypnobirthing - the facts. A study is already being completed at The Central Lancashire University as the whether Hypnobirthing on the NHS is a viable option.  There is still very little research completed on the effects of Hypnobirthing and those that have been done are generally in the States. All of the facts that I can find demonstrate fewer incidences of medical intervention and a much higher percentage of having an active birth with a Hypnobirthing mother. 

As a typical Libran I wanted to get a balanced view, so I searched the internet for the negative side of Hypnobirthing.  Could it be perceived by some as dangerous? unorthodox? Silly? 
Well search I did.... and what did I find?... Nothing! Nada! Not one negative article!
 The most damaging piece of material I could find was an article in the New York Times from 2006 when Hypnobirth was relatively new. Despite the article being in overall favour of Hypnobirth techniques, the report covered the fact that many Doctors are still wary due to the fear of litigation. Litigation from what? 
Dr Jeffrey M. Segil an obstetrician who offers the HypnoBirthing option to every patient in his practice, states, "Women should not be set up to feel that they've failed if they can't follow through to a totally natural delivery,"

Well of course! As I have stressed to anyone who will listen.. Hypnobirthing / Home birth / pain free labour is not for everyone... but surely it should be an option open to all. This is my dream, my secret I want to share. There is another way. Labour doesn't have to be all 'One born every minute' full of screams and terror. It can be, it has been, and it is! the most beautiful, life changing experience. It has changed my life... and now I want it to change yours ....  xx



3 comments:

  1. I'm a Libran too. Yes Hypnobirthing should be available to all and every mother has the right to a positive birthing experience, regardless of whether it is medicated, non-medicated or a c-section.

    A natural, non-medicated labour is the most empowering thing I have ever done and it would be wonderful if you could offer that to as many people as possible.

    Still soooo excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome, you've got me sold. Good luck on your quest to revolutionise birthing options. Sounds like a no brainer for this to be more available to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a business plan... well a plan... whether it ever becomes a business is something else... It's nice to feel positive and passionate about something. Thanks for the comments xx

    ReplyDelete