Tuesday 5 July 2011

Being Pregnant.

The pregnancy went well. Although I hate to admit I didn't enjoy being pregnant. I don't think I was very good at it, I found it very hard being preggers. I really enjoy diet, fitness and feeling full of energy and life. When I was pregnant I just felt ... well crap really.
I was extremely tired all the time, bad skin, bad hair, bloated I had it all. I was sick throughout the first 7 months and found the only thing that eased the nausea was eating. Unsurprisingly I gained 3 1/2 stone and honestly just felt awful. In the last three months I had extreme swelling in my hands and feet and developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Despite my discomfort, the actual pregnancy was very healthy (must have been all those hormones) my blood pressure remained low and the baby was growing at the perfect rate. I walked a lot towards the end and by week 29 the baby had engaged. By week 36 it was deeply engaged. Uncomfortable for me, but a great sign for the pregnancy.

The baby arrived two days early. (which I knew it would) and to the surprise of our midwife, our parents, and most of all me, we had decided to have our baby at home....

No comments:

Post a Comment