Friday 29 July 2011

Follow your dreams

Over the past month or so, our little family has faced a scare. It was the type of scare that most people face from time to time in their life, the type that questions your mortality. Yesterday - Thank God - We were given the all clear.

During the time that we were 'waiting' my head was filled with thoughts of 'What if?' I made promises to myself to do X,Y,Z. To make the most of the time we have left, whether it be five years or fifty years. And then we got the all clear... Relief, followed by gratitude.  Then back to everyday life. The washing, ironing, baby feeding, changing etc, etc, etc.

It is so easy to forget and to let those promises slip away. At the top of stairs in our house is a sign that says ... Follow your dreams... I love that sign. Mainly because it looks cool, but also because the boyf bought it for me when we were not living together. Never before has that sign meant so much.

So now I am going to work hard to achieve X,Y and Z. Why do we wait until the worst happens before we make the change? I do not want this just to be a pipe dream, I want it to be a reality.

So now I will promise to make things happen and follow our dreams ....  WTS...

No comments:

Post a Comment