Tuesday 6 December 2011

AWOL

Hello everyone...

I have been away, not on holiday, or doing anything nice, I have been away from my laptop.

Last Thursday week, Real life jumped up and slapped me across the face. Not once but three times. This was always going to happen.. but it did and to be honest it was a bit harsh.

Over the past 9 months, Frog and I have created a secret world, a rabbit hole, a cellar door. This world is full of love, security, the safety of our home. This world has got time, nurture and patients. In this world, sleepless nights, constant feeds and 'attachment parenting' (hate that phrase) don't matter. Because this world is ours, her world revolves around me, and mine around her. This world is / was our maternity haven.

But last week, 'things' became reality. Three things happened in one day. Without going into all the grimey details, I should explain that I own a house which for simplicities sake, I will say has been rented out for the past two years. That was always going to come to an end in Dec 2011. Now if it wasn't for this house, I might not be going back to work just now, I might of had other options. But I don't [have other options] and I do [Own that stinky house]. So Boyf and I made the decision to get rid. I bought the stinky house in 2007, when property prices were at their best so we always knew, there would be a hit.

So Thursday last week, we had it valued.... This was the first reality slap, and...oh my.. it hurt.

The same day I received two phone calls, the first was from my boss. I have applied for part time hours, so I was expecting the call, it was supposed to be a simple yeay or nay. But oh no... that would be far too easy, instead I was told, I could have the hours I requested, but only if I go and work down south for 6 weeks first. Yes thats right... six weeks. six friggin weeks. oh work glorious work.

The third thing was an unexpected phone call from Frog's nursery. It wasn't a bad thing, they want to start some settling in days with froggo. I know it has to happen, but I can't help feel she is being taken away from me. I have this deep fear, she is going to forget that I am her mummy.

So that is where I have been. Three things. One day. Real life.....

I knew it had been there, lurking, waiting in the shadows to take my wonderland away, but that day. Thursday week, real life beat me to a pulp.....what RL doesn't know tho... is that I always fight back!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment