Sunday 20 November 2011

I'm a Celebrity (no I'm not)

So, I tweeted a picture yesterday of Abby Clancy...
The picture was in The Sun newspaper and can be seen here.  There is no denying that Ms Clancy looks amazing, and it must be incredible to own a body like that, but...  Abby had her baby on the same day as me, and, this may surprise you, but I do not look like that! Nails, hair, stomach, that girl is groomed to perfection.
She is holidaying in Dubai after opening the Embassy club.

I can't say any more, because I really don't want this post to be judgemental. (even tho by the very nature of writing it, I am being). I was just open mouthed surprised when I saw that pic. Partly because of how she looks (but she is a model), partly because she is holidaying in Dubai (and I don't know if baba as back at the hotel - maybe), partly because she was opening a new super club (we're all entitled to a night out right?), but mostly because she would want to be photographed / portrayed that way.

I can't imagine the pressure celebrities are under to get back on form, and work after having a baba. But we are all under pressure to get back to work, even more so us 'normals' who are not married to multi-millionares.

I love celebrity Mum's who have become mothers. Danny Minogue, Salma Hayek, Gwen Stafani, Posh spice, Jolie.

These Mum's are under an awful lot of pressure, to look a certain way, act a certain way and take every job that comes to them, but being a Mother remains a priority. Cheryl Cole famously said of Danny Minogue - who gave birth part way through filming the X-Factor "She's breastfeeding one minute, and out on stage the next". Brilliant!

I don't know, but if I had the support networks and money that these women have, I would use it to my advantage to take my child where ever I went and make sure if I was having a beach holiday, my little frog would be with me paddling in the sea and trying to eat sand.

These woman have it tough in a different way to us, their image is their pay packet. But surely at some point, on some level, a decision is made about what image they want to portray and how they are going to achieve it. Maybe its easier when you have the simple life like me. I don't have invites to Dubai or money for glamourous hair extensions. But I know how guilty I feel, when I leave the frog for just an hour, especially when I'm doing something for me.


I really didn't want to sound overly judgemental, I just hope all mothers who are being pulled and stretched back into their former lives are not doing so at the cost of their baby, their bond and themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment