Saturday 31 December 2011

2012... a whole new year..

Welcome to 2012!

We have now all said goodbye to 2011, a year which saw the birth of my wonderful Frog and which saw the most amount of personal growth for me. Its a year that may never be topped, but I dont want the momentum to slow down or stop, so Im getting right onto 2012... keeping my passions strong.

So as frog transforms from a baby to a little person, I want her to develop at her own pace, full of confidence and love. I was her to feel secure and safe, to know that he family are always there and that its okay to try new thing.... most of all I just want her to know that everything is okay.

I return to my day job in 9 days. Working four days Frogs childcare is split between, nursery, her Daddy and her grandparents. In all honesty if our circumstances were different I wouldn't be returning to (that) work just now, but I must be grateful for the 9 1/2 months that we have shared, so many mothers are not so lucky. Both Frog and I have benefited greatly from the time that we have had together.

I wouldn't want to be a Full Time SAHM, but I would be doing the work that I want to do, the work that makes me passionate and which I feel I am now destined to follow, so this brings me on to my other New Beginning for 2012. I will be starting my own business, this is incredibly exciting, not that I think I will make my millions through my birthing company, but I do truly believe in the cause. I hope that it will give Frog and I more time together and in the long run I hope it will become my day job. I want to escape the daily drudge, the rat race, the stress of doing a job that doesn't make me tick. I want my work to be me, to represent me, I want to love what I do, and do it because I love to do it. I want the Frog to learn the freedom and desire that comes from being self employed, I want her to see and know a different me.

2012 is just the beginning, Im going to start slowly, with training and expanding my knowledge. Then in May I hope to begin teaching Lazy Daisy birthing classes. By the end of the year I hope we will be in full swing, finding a balance between day job, passions, motherhood and family life.

2011, lit the candle within me, it made my passions shine. The Frog like a guidance light showed me the way. My only hope for 2012 is that the flame grows and grows.


“You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.
As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.” Steve Jobs 1955 - 2011.

Happy New Year xx

2 comments: