Monday 26 December 2011

Best year of my life.... EVER!

In thirteen days my maternity leave comes to an end. I return to work, and life will return to 'normal'. Well our new normal.

When I left work on 17th March 2011, more than one person asked, "How long are you having off?"
"Nine months" I replied. And more than one woman said to me "Oh I couldn't wait to get back, it drove me insane, no adult conversation". I am not that woman.

I can honestly say that the last nine months have been the best of my life. I love my daughter like I never knew possible, and I feel closer to the boyf than I ever have. We have all slipped into our new roles brilliantly and I have enjoyed morphing into my new 'Mummy' role.

It hasn't all been a bed of roses, there have been many tears, one or two screaming fits, and more than once feelings of complete and utter failure, but on the whole...  When ever I look back over March - Dec 2011 ... it is all ... bloody brilliant.

This year has changed my life, not only because I have become a Mother, but because I have changed my outlook, my beliefs, my dreams, values and my world. I have been shook to the core and what has emerged is a person so different to the one I was before.

2011 was amazing, but what makes me so blinking excited is that I know.... I bloody know... that 2012 is going to be pretty awesome too.

Merry Christmas my lovely people, and a very very happy new year xx

No comments:

Post a Comment