Thursday 30 June 2011

I'M PREGNANT!

I wish I had started this blog when I had just discovered my pregnancy, there was so much to talk about. Too much to write retrospectively. 
To give some background into our world. Boyf and I do not have the most traditional of relationships. We hadn’t been together very long, we didn’t live together and he hadn’t yet met my family. Blah blah blah... none of this matters of course. We were and are very much in love. Yes, we were the subject of small minded gossip for a while, but neither of us cared. We were happy and bringing a new life into the world and that is the most beautiful and blessed thing that can happen.

This is a true story about when I realised I was preggers. I was living in the City and as usual on a Saturday morning I walked to my gym for a work out. I was on the treadmill listening to Kings Of Leon on my Ipod, when the song 'Knocked Up' came on. I listened to the lyrics as I worked out my dates and literally thought.... Oh shit. I'm Pregnant!

Staying at the boyf's that night, I stopped off at the chemist to add a test to my overnight bag. 

Sunday morning I sneaked into the bathroom without saying a word, and pee'd on my stick. I thought I was seeing things as two purple lines appeared. Is that one line or two? definitely one. It's very light though. Oh it's getting darker. and there is something in the second window. Is it a line? maybe a bit of the dye has run. I'll turn it over and wait while I wash my hands and get cleaned up....

30 Seconds later....okay, let see. Oh god. Two. Dark. Lines......  And the peanut was saying hello to the world. 

The Boyf was over the moon with the news. We were going to a VW show that afternoon with a group of friends. After the initial shock sunk in, we decided to go. Of course we didn't say anything to our friends but we did share many knowing glances to each other throughout the day.

There was so much to talk about, so much to sort out, but for now we were safe in our romantic notion that we had a secret. we had a peanut. Everything else could wait until tomorrow.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment